Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using the newest word application in Vista, not sure where the help menu is to find out what version, but I think it is 2007. Anyhow, I am typing a letter and it seems to look odd, why I don't know. But I have line spacing at 1 space but it seems like spacing is wider than older formats. My paragraph spacing is looking fine but when I put in the name and address I am sending the letter too it just appears to be too widely spaced. Is there a special letter function? What are some typical settings or set ups for letters, etc? The last Word application I was familiar with was 2003 and it seems like a lot has changed.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got the address headers to look right when I just hit the space bar til they curled around. Gotta be a better way...

·
Trusted Advisor
17,571 Posts
Is this extra spacing on every line or just added to the last line of a paragraph?

You will find, by default, there is extra spacing added to the last line to give the white space "Between" paragraphs. You can turn this off, by opening the paragraph formatting pane make the change and then select the "Default" button and make sure that you select OK when you get as to save the defaults.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems to be added whenever I hit return, like when I type a name, return, address return, city, state, etc. If I type, and hit the space bar til it wraps around the spacing is right but that seems to be inefficient. I will try that in a minute.

·
Trusted Advisor
17,571 Posts
The enter key will be the end of a paragraph, so yes, do as listed above.

To force a new line within a paragraph try entering "Shift Enter" at the same time, this is a line feed.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was able to find the formatting pane I think but am not sure where to go from there. Can you walk me through? Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.