Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
never tried this before first timer my problem is i have set up a wireless connection aprox 10 days ago set up 3 pc's (2 desk top 1 lap top) no problem got a second laptop,
aspire 5051awxmi it will not connect to the internet every thing is set up and i have a very good signal to the router and when i click repair it says it is unable to find a ip address started this at 9:15 this morning and am still at it after being on the phone to ntl(my service provider) netgear,belkin,acer (who make the lap top and even ebuyer where i bought it on top of that someone advertised in my local paper. found this site in a magazine and read the problems from vodkagirl mine are the same except with a new laptop.thought i'd try a wider audience.
at my wits end

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
a few things to try

One is can you post an ipconfig /all of a working PC and your new laptop - post in seperat answers and mark which is which - so we know, just in case

next download and copy - using a CD or if the laptop works connected by cable this program

ipconfig /all
TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

-------------------

is the router set up for a secure connection - if so it may be worth removing and see if the laptop will connect - maybe a problem with secruity

some laptops have a switch for the wireless on the machine - it is turned on i assume

---------------------
also

start>
control panel>
system>
hardware tab>
device manager button>

network adapters
click on the + sign

post backs whats there

also any ! X or ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for that all that info went over my head it frightens me when i see a black box on screen anyway read through a few times and was gonna have a go then found a small switch at front its spring loaded had no idea what it did so pressed it on screen flashed up LAN net on so did again LAN net off so switched it on again opened network connection pressed repair big smile happy happy happy up and running .
all that assistance from all them people and not one of them mentioned a switch
cheers

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
glad it all worked - the switches for wireless {some real switches others are special keys or combination of keys ) are a real gotcha - also often they seem to detect the wireless connection but not let you connect which is confusing for everyone

anyway

:up:

Would you now mark this thread solved - which you have the power to do from your first post.
goto
Tick - Mark Solved

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.