Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I installed wifi hotspot client software a week ago (WiFi.com). It did say it wasn't ready for Vista, but I figured Why Not? It just won't work. I lost my wireless immediately. Uninstalled the software. For the past week I have done everything possible to be able to reconnect: update driver, delete hardware and drivers, reinstall, check that the client is gone, searched this site and found post "networking/685832" from Sundance, did what he did. Windows says that the device is working properly.but it can't find any wireless networks.

I'm running Vista HP of a gateway M-150X. All Windows, virus and other updates are up-to-date. I have attached my ipconfig data.

Can anyone think of something to help? Thank you for your consideration.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
The minimal info given by ipconfig shows a possibly good ethernet connection to a router, and no wireless hardware.

Does the wireless adapter show as OK in Device Manager under Network Adapters?

If so is the wireless connection shown as enabled in Network Connections?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi TerryNet

Yes, everything checks out hardware and software-wise.

I did just found this: http://www.marklangenfeld.com/2008/02/11/windows-vista-trick-who-needs-netstumbler/

Guess what the first response was?
netsh>wlan show networks mode=bssid
The Wireless AutoConfig Service (wlansvc) is not running.

WLAN was disabled! I guess the client install did it. Soooo I turned it on, et voila!

netsh>wlan show networks mode=bssid

Interface Name : Wireless Network Connection
There are 1 networks currently visible.

I am going to mark this solved, but I truly appreciate that you responded. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.