Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone let me know how to eliminate the "tap" feature on my laptop's (Dell Inspiron 1150) touchpad? I was once able to remove it, but I reinstalled XP and drivers. Now, I can't find in Control Panel's "mouse" or in Device Manager or elsewhere the controlling features that allowed me before to remove the "tap", which I find too sensitive.

There must be a driver for it that I need to download in order to control the touchpad features.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@flavallee No offense intended, though I sense that I may have. I simply thought the present subject was unrelated to the XP re-install subject. I greatly appreciated your help there, and I just donated $25. to TSG because I valued your help so much.

You did suggest the Control Panel mouse setup, but that does not seem to me related to Dell's Synaptics touchpad. I had forgotten the name "Synaptics" or I should have mentioned it to you.

I think I need to get the driver from Dell as another adviser recommended. Thanks again!

·
Trusted Advisor
85,507 Posts
No offense taken.

I obtained the Synaptics touchpad driver from the Dell support site for YOUR Dell Inspiron 1150, so I assumed it was the driver you needed.

A much newer version (15.2.20) is available here.

---------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, all, especially Squashman and flavallee! I have stabilized my touch pad, successfully.

I still haven't found a decoder for my DVD player that works with WMP or with another player.

1. Does anyone know if the free version of Real Player has the decoder for DVD discs?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, I have found a media player that comes with the decoder necessary for DVDs, VLC. It's a nice player, as good for me as WMP or Real Player and much less advertising and distraction.

Thanks to TSG, all is well. Problem solved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.