Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new hard drive (sigh) and I am trying to set up XP to do what XP did on my old, now dead, drive. On the old drive, XP would show a button for each document I opened on the task bar. As new documents were opened, the buttons on the task bar would scrunch up. I believe opening new folders worked the same way, in that, every time I opened a new folder or sub folder, a new button would appear on the task bar. How do I get XP to show open documents and folders as individual buttons on the task bar? (The default is to have numbers within one button showing how many documents are within each button. Thank you in advance for your reply.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thank you very much. Now the documents show up on the task bar in their own button, but is there a way to make the sub folders show up in their own button as well? Currently, the sub folders stay hidden behind the upper level folder. Thank you again for the tip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.