Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if i have to reformat my hdd after i get my copy of 7 ultimate, I allready have it reserved for my store i just want to know if u can just put my key in and unlock ultimate with out haveing to reinstall the whole os and trashing my drive. Because i have a bunch of programs installed aready and i will install more as long as i do not have to start over.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Oops, should have read the title of your post. According to Microsoft Technet, upgrades from Win7 beta or RC are NOT supported. That means, clean install.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Welcome to the world of beta, one needs to learn the rules before playing the game.:D
Didn't take you long to ditch Vista Dave. :) Couldn't even wait for 7 final.

And here I thought you were Vistas' biggest fan.

·
Trusted Advisor
17,571 Posts
I am still running Vista on 3 machines, besides Windows 7 IS better.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Yah i have vista on 1 pc and 7 rc1 on 2 computers i love it so far. I have not been upset yet.
The only problem is, everyone said this about Vista. Then it was released.

I like what I have seen so far, compared to Vista, but I'll reserve judgement until after release to the public.

·
Banned
16,915 Posts
The final release might not be as snappy.
beta was faster the rc
rc maybe faster than final.
I delayed getting my copy to long of final release...i went back to my email hit the link again...was to late..what a bummer..unless i can get that 99 dollar deal again i wont be getting a copy

O well the vista isnt bad.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The final release might not be as snappy.
beta was faster the rc
rc maybe faster than final.
I delayed getting my copy to long of final release...i went back to my email hit the link again...was to late..what a bummer..unless i can get that 99 dollar deal again i wont be getting a copy

O well the vista isnt bad.
I still have rc1 32bit still sealed in the package direct from microsoft. IF you have paypal i can send it to you just cover shipping i do not want anything for it. or go to usps.com and email me a shipping label.

·
Banned
16,915 Posts
I appreciate that offer very much...its good to see there are people out there willing to help out others.:up:
I have a copy of rc1 here at the house...I was triple booting xp vista and 7
I took everything off and went straight to vista about a week and a half ago.{files searches with 3 operating systems on a drive can be a little overwhelming}
I liked the 7 alot...i got a notice in my email that i could pre buy 7 upgrade...it was 50 for home and 99 for ultimate if i remember right...
It turns out the limited time off was limited and i didnt act fast enough,,when i went back and opened my email again and clicked on the link...the offer had expired.
Hopefully they will come out with the last chance special or similar.
I was pleased with 7....50 or a 100 bucks pleased yes.
But the non discounted price for upgrade will be pretty steep I am sure..so will be living with vista in the future unless microsoft offers the deal again.
If they do and I purchase a copy I hope it is as fast as the beta or rc1.
I am not displeased with vista as many people are,so all is still good if the discount dont come back around..
its not unusual for me to have 15 or 20 windows going so the window preview and peek features are a blessing.{you can ungroup them and still have full peek and preview functions..but with the benefit of not have all windows belonging to an application stuck under one icon}...I then add back the quick launch}through a tweak...result is the best of all worlds:)...a vista task bar with peek and preview

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.