Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I try to open Norton Ghost 9.0 I get the above error. I am unable to proceed any further no matter what button I press.

I even reinstalled 2 earlier ghost versions but am getting the same problem on each of them. All other programs work without a problem.

Can you help please.

Many thanks

tinlizzy

·
Banned
2,664 Posts
try start run type sfc /scannow if prompted to put in windows disc do so,if you are prompted but have no disc look in my computer c drive to see if you have file called 1386 if you do then go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222473/. re norton you need to go to there web site to download their patch to uninstall fully as it will not do so from add remove

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dal1 Many thanks for your speedy reply. I eventually figured out the problem. I have been rebuilding my pc over the last few weeks, trying to get a "perfect" base version. Whilst rebuilding I changed many settings and kept ghosting at various stages. During one of these backups I repartioned the hard drive using partition magic and then dropped back to a version where I had NOT partitioned it. Of course the version I dropped back to had 4 drives so Norton was looking for the 4th drive.

Anyway it is now sorted as it turns out it was my error. Thank you again for trying to help and replying so quickly.

Tinlizzy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.