Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out. Running Dell Precision 380. P4 3.0 with 2 gb of ram on Windows XP Professoinal. At certain times when I have multiple applications open I get a weird problem when I go to minimize an open window. For example, if I have windows file explorer open, if I hit the minimize button in the upper right corner, the window will disappear completely offscreen. The only way to get it back is to right click on the toolbar instance and select maximize. It doesn’t do this on all programs but it is progressively getting worse. I have upgraded the video drivers, changed resolutions, anything I can think of and nothing has worked. Any ideas on this weird problem??

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
Select the "move" option from the right click context on the task bar tab.

Then use the Keyboard arrows, not the mouse, to move the window into position.

It should return to the position you move it to on future starts.

Also, I believe this may affect Explorer, but may be specific to IE, I can't recall -- but it wont hurt to do:

Run regedit an navigate to >>

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

Right click on the "window_placement" value in the right pane and delete it. Do this with all other windows closed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rog! Thanks! Once I move the window onto the screen, it didn't happen on any window that was easily "reproducible" before. I think that fixed it!

Thanks Stevie and Techychick also for your response!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.