Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I got a new computer for christmas. It's a Dell...dont shoot the messenger here, it was a gift,LOL.

Anyways, it has WMP 11 on it and for some odd reason, I cannot get it to play ANY WMP formatted music players on pages I frequently visit. I had 10 on my old computer and it played fine so I reverted back to WMP 10 thinking that 11 may have been the issue and I was wrong...still the same problem. Firefox continues to pop up the window telling me I have missing plug-ins...when I click the "install missing plug-ins" button, it just takes me to the Microsoft page with all of the new & old WMP installs.

I am a huge music buff and this is something that is important to me if I am going to keep this gawd forsaken computer. Can someone clue me in here as to how I can fix this?

Your insight is much appreciated!

·
Banned
4,825 Posts
Go to Dell and see what they can do. It's a very common problem on these forums and reverting back seldom seems to help. It does seem odd that it came that way from Dell with WMP11 not working or did you install it?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
hi, go to these 3 links and download them to your C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player folder

if you should get the "already have do you want to replace with this one" window popup when installing to wmp folder choose yes replace with this one.

i believe your missing at least one of these 3 if not all 3

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well apparently t bone, I WAS missing all 3 of those! I did just as you suggested and now everything works just fine! You are da MAN! Thank you very much for helping me to resolve this problem. :D

Sincerely,
~EM

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as it not working, this did indeed come from Dell non-operable. I spent over 3 hours on the phone with Dell Tech Support and was never able to resolve the problem. I should have come here in the first place, LOL.

~EM

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am having the same problem as the first poster!!!

Can you put those 3 things again please........... I can just see the numbers and no links :(
I've recencly upgraded to IE7 and I have media player 11.

I get a message saying I need to upgrade a security item but when I go to upgrade, nothing happens.

I'm trying to play a program from TVon Demand that I downloaded. :(

Can you help.....please?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.