Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This could be the result of a recent barrage of virus attacks. At any rate the red warning shield icon continues to be visible at the bottom claiming windows updates is turned off, yet when I go to the control panel it is clearly on. When I try to download updates from the microsoft site I keep getting error messages. I decided to look in the services list (run > services.msc) and could not find automatic updates in there. I went into the command window, typed 'net stop wuauserv' and the response I got was 'does not exist as an installed service'. So now what? All other computer operations are functioning normally
I have attached system info as a text document

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. That worked! Thank you! After you type in the path to the service pack files you have to click on browse and then select the missing dll file. Then when you restart the computer the windows updates start downloading again normally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.