Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is some file missing from the registry. And hence my system is not starting even in safe mode. There is a micro small hole at the bottom of my laptop. Should i use it? Though i have misplaced all the cd's i had got with it. So will my laptop ask me for windows cd if i reset it?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I've never seen or heard of a laptop having a 'reset' button.

The only way to repair is to insert a operating system disk and repair windows really. Or just reformat and reinstall completely.

What lead up to the failure...anything out of the ordinary? How do you know the file is missing from the registry?

Give us more details, and we may be able to help better...operating system, laptop make/model etc etc...

Scorp.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
The only reset button I know of on a laptop, is holding down the Power button to restart.
Have you tried to start in Safe Mode with Command Prompt?
If you can, you can try a system restore to a date before your problem.
If you get to the command prompt, type this:
%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe then hit Enter.
Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.
You might also try Last Known Good Configuration from the same advanced options menu.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.