Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using WebEasy Pro 6.0 and I just changed a page, saved the changes, and tried to publish that page. My changes aren't showing up. I've had this problem before and fixed it somehow, but I'm stumped this time.

Any help is appreciated!
Peachy

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hey

If the page is being sucessfully published to the server, it might simply be a cache issue on your computer - showing you the old version.

Perform a force refresh in your browser, which is CTRL + F5.

This refreshes, without cache being stored.

If it still doesn't update, check your server publishing settings within your software (WebEasy) as it might not be publishing to the correct server/host/place.

Cheers

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help. The page DID actually change the first time I published it, but it didn't show up correctly.

I made another change, thinking pics/text might be overlapping and causing problems and it changed incorrectly again.

I refreshed with Ctrl-F5, and the page was still wrong.

Thanks for any more suggestions!

Peachy

·
Registered
690 Posts
Ah, if it's changing, but changing 'wrong' then it's an issue with the new code you've written / changed.

Can you post a URL so we can see

Also, test you site in both of these:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
and
http://validator.w3.org/

And any errors that get flagged will need fixing - that might fix your issue.

Cheers

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, instead of uploading the problem page alone, I went ahead and uploaded the whole website and that seemed to fix it (even though it quit responding and locked up halfway through the process.)

I did the validation thing and have 142 errors, but I have no clue what all that means.

Thanks again for your help.

Peachy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.