Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im working on friends computer.. his wife needs xp instead of vista for work... so i have done a clean install of xp...computer working fine... internet ie 6 keeps locking up... but i havent installed all service packs either.. my problem is the sound.. it is intergrated and i cant find the driver using the dell service tag... they all say not supported... any ideas on how to get a the sound driver... i just cant seem to find one that works... also.. in device manager there is ... i have yellow question mark by pci and usb controller ... any ideas on this... thanks in advanced

· Super Moderator
74,668 Posts
If Dell started selling the computer after Vista was in common use, it is possible that Dell never offered compatible drivers for earlier versions of Windows.

Have you tried a search of the Internet to see if anyone with the same model of computer had the same problem as you and found found compatible drivers?

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got it... i did remember that when reinstalling dell drivers it is best to install them in order that they are listed... dont know why, but i just remembered from working on another dell.. thanks for your reply..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.