Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping you kind souls can help me out:

So, have a fresh install of Windows Vista 64 bit (couple of weeks old), with what really should be a more than adequate system (Core i7, 6GB ram, 7200rpm 750GB drive, 1GB Nvidia GeForce Video I added hoping it was the old 256MB card that was inadequate). Windows assigns my system a performance index of 5, so thinks it is plenty capable, BUT:

Problem: it is PAINFULLY slow to switch between windows, get to the menus after clicking on the start button, tabbing within windows... everything seems to have literally a 4-5 second delay. When I tab within a browser, performance is fine, so its not the mouse. Closing a window, however, also takes 5+ seconds, often with a brief "Not Responding" comment before actually closing...

Ram utilization appears to be about 40%, mostly firefox/explorer, and CPU usage bounces up and down, but mostly below 5%.

I do have Norton Antivirus installed, and used PC Laplink to migrate my files from my old system.

Ideas? Thanks in advance...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.