Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you good people I have been asked to create a dB for bookings at our local Village hall i am a Volunteer do the accounts retired bookkeeper.

My own thoughts are to work with 3 tables

Table One Clients Auto Number primary key

Table 2 Bookings Auto number primary key

Table 3 Accounts not sure

How will the relationships work my knowlwdge of access is so limited also at 65 i am not as quick as i was any help i would be most grateful

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
over40plus, would you like me to create a quick database for you?
I would suggest a table of "events", ie reasons for booking the hall.
Also what periods do the bookings cover?
All day, half day, evening, weekend etc

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be most grateful if you can create this for me,

The bookings are very varied from mornings, afternoons evenings, for all sorts of activities ie playgroup. dancing, short mat bowling, weddings, parties the time scale is from an all day booking to perhaps a couple of hours and the prices vary for different organisations sorry for being a little vague but I am a retired accountant so my Knowledge of access is very limited but hey hey i will give it a go

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
OK, I created one a few years ago for a church. In that one I provided the ability to enter "Multiple" bookings, ie Cubs for Saturday Afternoon for 6 weeks. Would they want that sort of facility?

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
OK, I will make a start, you can help if you have any lists of organisations that might use the hall?
Do you just want entries by day, or do you want something like Outlook Calendar where you have say Hourly slots?

Do they have a Standard Charge? Do the Charges change?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Various groups use the hall

dancing, weddings, weightwatchers, cubs, WI.

The charges vary for different types of organisations if it is being used for commercial use the charges are Higher, if they have a licenced bar, coffee kitchen, these all add to the charge

The main hall is charged on an hourly Rate
And the all the others are a set rate

Once again Thank you

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
OK we will need something to trigger those changes, for a start we will add a "Commercial" tick box. Are the differences shown using a sort of a percentage Discount or increase?
We will also need to note on the booking whether or not the Bar or kitchen are used as well.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Can you answer my question at post #6 "Do you just want entries by day, or do you want something like Outlook Calendar where you have say Hourly slots?" as it controls the design of the tables and forms please?

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Will they need hourly subdivisions, like every 15 minutes, or do go by the actual Hour?
OK for now I will add a Charge Field to the Organisation Table so that we can put them in there.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
I will post something for you to look at soon, I just need to create the Dates & Timeslots to reproduce an Outlook type of form. Do they have any particular start & finish Hours?

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
OK, I have created the basic structure, which I would like you to look at.
It allows you to enter & Edit Clients, Bookings & Organisations. It also allows you to set up future Dates and Times.
Take a look at the Bookings from the main menu, it allows you to select a date and shows Timeslots from 8:00am to 11:00pm. You can enter Clients in to Individual Time slots to book for an hour or you can enter it in to the first hour and then highlight down from that time to cover a period of time and then press ctrl + Q and it will copy that first timeslot settings down the rest of them.
As I said it is only a start, but I am making some progress when I am not answering questions on here or sitting the grandchildren.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.