Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: VBA Alternate Way to get User Input not in a Form

823 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  OBP 
#1 ·
I have a form now that won't work for many folks because of "Form Controls stop working after December 2014 Updates". The fixes provided do not work for most people and many won't even attempt the hot fixes. I am trying to figure out a workaround. I know I can use WorksheetChange to get when an entry is put in a cell but I need to be able run a macro for a second entry and then display results in a third cell. On the ones with out the issue, right now on my form they put text in first box and it runs a macro (afterupdate) to validate certain things and then when they enter in the second text box, it runs another macro to validate that entry. Then they click a button to execute a third macro to get the results. Is there a way to do that without a form and command buttons?

#2 ·
You can use a pair of input boxes or Application.Inputboxes.
If you use the inputbox you may have to do some text to number conversions, whereas the Application inputbox can pre specify whether the data to be expected is string, number or cell reference etc.
It can be triggured by a macro Keyboard shortcut or an Excel Event.

#4 ·
I created the form with vb editor that popped up when open the wkbook. The form also allowed the user to close the form and view the data. If they wanted to use the form then there was a command button they could select to bring back up the form. However I have now re-written the code to use inputboxes that is working fine for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.