Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a Vantec NexStar NST-250U2 external drive enclosure that connects a laptop harddisk to a computer using USB. I had a drive that I deleted a partition on and needed to recover some of the data. The drive was working fine when I put it in the external enclosure. It booted right up and was viewable in windows explorer. I found the files I needed and copied them to another computer. Then I took the drive out of the external enclosure and put it back in the laptop that it came out of. The laptop will not recognize the drive. It won't get through post. When I look in the bios it does not recognize any hard drive. I took the drive back out twice and remounted it. Still the same thing. Any chance that the external drive enclosure might have toasted the drive??

Thanks!

Cheryl

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok.. I just tried it in the usb external drive again. It isn't working. The green light says it's working on the external drive but the computer isn't even recognizing that there is a USB device attached. There are no errors or flags in device manager either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.