Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the correct spot to post. I have a wireless modem and I was told that I needed a usb adpater to plug into my computer to make it wireless. I have seen several different kinds on amazon but I'm not sure what I need to get. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
274 Posts
When you say that you want wireless to your PC - i take it that you don't want a network cable to link your internet router to your pc for some reason?

Also, we do need to know the make/model info of your router to assist further please.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Is this a desktop or a laptop computer? Either way you could use something like this, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127081 Or if a desktop you could use a pci Wireless Card.

If you are not using a wireless router and just want to plug in the Wirelss Modem (Such as something from Clearwire) all you would really need to do it use an ethernet cable or Usb Cable between the Computer and the Modem.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now I have a dsl modem and a router which I have my computers hooked up to, all in the same room. I only have desktops, I don't really like laptops. I am wanting to hook up my oldest sons computer in the back of the house so he's not always in the way and has some privacy. My internet company said I would need a usb adapter in order to use the wireless router and have the computer in another room.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
If you have a Wireless router, then I believe you would have better luck with a PCI Wireless adapter. But the USB Wireless adapter I linked to would work.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
No trouble, glad to have helped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.