Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to "uncheck" boxes, like, do not show this again, or always do it this way, you know, that type of box in WinXP? I have somehow checked a box accidently and when I download some things, I don't get a chance to answer the usual question boxes (like save? run?) before the process takes off on its own. It is now causing lots of problems and causing some downloads to simply abort! Oh, pleeeeaaaaase? Help?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi, loftlin. In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Options > Security (tab) > Custom Level, then scroll down to Downloads > Automatic prompting for downloads, and Enable.

·
Gone but never forgotten
9,803 Posts
You uncheck boxes the same way you check them .....just click on them ....

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
telecom69 said:
You uncheck boxes the same way you check them .....just click on them ....
I think you misunderstand - the issue probably is that once it is checked, the option is never presented again, the activity just occurs without intervention.

You have to hunt the option down in other places to make it available, as suggested.

·
Gone but never forgotten
9,803 Posts
I did :) :up:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks you all for the help. I think I've gotten most fixed, but when downloading some things, I still get minute glimpses of windows that I'm unable to access.

Thanx again! Peace! :up:

·
Registered
642 Posts
loftlin said:
TI still get minute glimpses of windows that I'm unable to access.
Huh. Can't think what that would be except that when I'm using Firefox as my browser, it always pops open a separate downloads window while it's downloading. It's a bit different than IE. If you want to pursue this, tell us what kind of browser you're using. Otherwise, glad to have helped. :up:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.