Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: have been trying to install smiley central back onto my mom's computer . She used it before and after having the hard drive replaced and what ever by a tech, smiley central can no longer be installed. I get as far as saving the file, accepting the license agreement and then says sorry unable to install. I emailed smiley central and they are clueless as to the problem. The error codes I get are not usable. I search under them and find basically nothing 759767 34054 and 38862 during different tries. Not sure where or how to find troubleshooting on my pc for this. My event viewer is useless. can someone point me in a direction to troubleshoot?
I have checked my settings and they are set where they should be. .

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
17,735 Posts
Hi, Smiley Central is a known adware type program> along with it, you get some things that antispyware programs detect and that may be blocking the install. You can find better utilities to make icons...what does she use the smileys for, MSN Messenger, or another IM program? There are tons of ways to get nice smilies without crap.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know. :rolleyes: Really I do. ... but smiley central has way better than you can just get by saving other smiley graphics. they talk and set the mood and I work from home on my pc and will admit I use them too:p so aside from having to admit that, I have never had an absolute block go up and hers should have some error message that would enable someone to troubleshoot.
I will look a little further into the adware blocking program on her PC and see if the problem is there..
Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.