Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a new problem that just came up, This warning now appears when I try to log into 'COX Webmail'-

"You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure.

The information you are sending to the current site might be retransmtted to a nonsecure site.
Do you wish to continue?"

I've been using this site for over 4+ years and have NEVER had this warning before.

Finally, my IE6>Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Security>Warn if changing between secure and unsecure mode IS UNCHECKED

As always, thanks for your time

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phantom010, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have that 'string' (WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect) in my Registry. Any other suggestions? Thanx

·
Registered
940 Posts
Well have you tried to change your browser? Also try to scan your computer with your anti virus or anti spyware. Your computer might be infected of some kind of a malware. That's why your bowser is is kind a redirecting your computer to a unsecured site. Or maybe the windows is warning you because there is a spyware that is must be transmitting information to another site.

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
34,806 Posts
Well have you tried to change your browser? Also try to scan your computer with your anti virus or anti spyware. Your computer might be infected of some kind of a malware. That's why your bowser is is kind a redirecting your computer to a unsecured site. Or maybe the windows is warning you because there is a spyware that is must be transmitting information to another site.
Solution from Microsoft

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phantom010, sorry I just 'scanned the article' and didn't read it word-for-word. I'll follow the directions in it exactly and get back to you.

On the browser replies, I've scanned my computer twice, nothing found or if it was it's been fixed. Also I did upgrade to IE7, I had so much problems with it I wanted to throw-up. Until they get tboth IE7 & IE8 working better, I'll stick with IE6. I have Mozilla but I'm more of a fix it right before switching to some other possible problems.

Thanx

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
34,806 Posts
Well, the fix for IE6 is pretty clear and should work. As for IE7, the problems have already been pretty well sorted out. As for IE8, the problems are only starting...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Phantom010,

LOL, well as always when I come to this forum, my problems get solved. This 'fix' corrected the problem exactly as stated.

Thanx, I appreciate everyone's time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.