Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Two Add & Remove Icons

2K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  Lockeyp 
#1 ·
I have 2 add and remove icons in my control panel. How can I delete one of them with out effecting any of programs.

Answers on a post card to :)

Lockeyp

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Tried deleting one but no joy, tried right-clicking to find that neither of them are shortcuts. any more ideas.

Answers on a post card to :-(

Lockeyp

Discussion starter · #7 ·
TheShooter93 -Tried deleting nothing happens

raybro - yes both of them do open the program window.

Answers on a post card to :-(

Lockeyp

Discussion starter · #9 ·
After retrying them again neither of that populate properly it says that it is waiting for it to populate but it never does that happens for the both of them too

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Thanks GUYS. now I am back to one ADD & REMOVE ICON..

Lockeyp

Discussion starter · #14 ·
I had a look in the system 32 folder to find that there was 2 Appwiz.cpl (1 & 2 ) so I deleted No2 leaving only one ADD & REMOVE icon. .... But the programs are still not populating (add& remove program list) How if any could I rectify this.

Lockeyp

Discussion starter · #16 ·
Yes ? should I delete it completely

Discussion starter · #18 ·
Yes I do do you want me to delete it ?

Discussion starter · #21 ·
When restoring it again the second icon is also restored into the control panel

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Phantom010 to answer your Q ) If you restore it, are the programs reappearing in "Add or remove programs"? it still does not populate the add & remove program. Sorry this will be my last note for tonight as Im in need of my ugly sleep work tomorrow. will carry on tomorrow.

Thanks So Far

Lockeyp

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Sorry, I've not had my eye on the ball as late, but to answer Phantom010. No, I deleted #2 from the recycle bin, now everything seems to working fine in that area, it only take approx 30 - 40 sec to populate the add & remove dialog box.

I thank you again.

Lockeyp

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.