Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have several computers on a wireless router high speed connection and the file sharing programs work fine on all the ones using xp but I wound up with a vista home premium os on my new( to me) computer and it will not run limewire at all, utorrent cannot get an open port on the router and ares opens and downloads for 3 minutes then locks the downloads but allows uploading just fine.
if I close it and then try to open it again it will not open, task manager shows it running in processes but not in applications and it will not stop the process
to open ares again I have to restart the computer
this computer is running an amd 5000 dualcore with 2 gig ram and nvidia graphics on board
360 gig hard drive with about 20% used
any idea why this is happening?
I believe it must be a setting in vista but haven't a clue where to look
tried shutting down all security programs with the same results
tearing my hair out:confused:http://images.techguy.org/smilies/confused.gif
:confused:

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
Near the top of this page click on the "Rules" link. You will note that the first one talks about not asking for and not helping with P2P. While you're there you may want to familiarize yourself with the remaining rules.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.