Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have saved an absolute TON of images and .wav files into a zip archive. The archive is about 1 gig! Now I am trying to get rid of it, but everytime I right-click on it lags and I get "this program is not responding..."

the same if I highlight it and try to delete

the same if I drag it to the recycle bin

I can still open it, I can extract, I can view, but whenever I try to delete individual files in the archive, I get the same lag and the "not responding" message.

I used WinZip 8.1.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
have you tried holding the 'shift' key while deleting it. This method will delete a file without placing it in the recycle bin, it might be worth a try

·
Registered
57,788 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's amazing what a little advice can render possible. Many thanks. Problem solved!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried the "holding shift" while deleting... and poof (no visible smoke) it was gone.

How do you spell relief? "T-S-G!":p

But I tried to update WinZip... but no matter what I did it didn't seem to be downloading. The litle flag in teh corner of the IE window kept waving but nothing seemed to be happening. Clicking on anything in that window gavew no results either. Rather annoying.

·
Registered
57,788 Posts
Here is the download link for winzip.
http://www.winzip.com/downauto.cgi?winzip90.exe

Download the WinZip 9.0 Upgrade

Free upgrade for registered users:

All registered users of earlier English-language versions of WinZip are eligible to download a FREE upgrade to WinZip 9.0.

To install the upgrade, do not uninstall your previous version of WinZip. Leaving the old version installed will allow the installation procedure to replace the old version with the new version, while preserving your registration information and configuration settings. To install the new release:

1. Close all WinZip windows
2. Download and run the WinZip 9.0 distribution file (winzip90.exe) using the link below
3. Install the new version to the folder where your previous version of WinZip was installed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.