Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bare with me on this as this is for a friend of mine. Apparently a friend(lol) of his installed trend micro virus protection on his computer and passworded it. Now MY friend wants to remove the program and use a different virus protection program but he can't delete the trend because it apparently asks for a password. Is there a way to remove this program without having to use a password ?

BEFORE I get any smart a$$ questions like, ahh why don't your friend just ask his buddy. Because he is in the process of moving and has not been able to get a hold of him yet, lol

Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
Since you had no replies, I'll offer what I can. There are some boot disks tlike Knoppix or Ultimate Boot Disk, which can boot your computer into a linux os directly from the CD and from there you can make changes to your XP installation that you couldn't if you were loaded into XP directly. While I don't remember seeing an uninstall feature when running these, if you do some research to find all the files that make up theTrend-Micro install, it is possible to remove them using a method like this and password protection will mean nothing.

Just do this at your own risk and be very careful...because of the fact you are using a diiferent OS when using this method, any file can be erased from the hard drive you want, including XP dependent files.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
I know the Trend Corporate version is difficult to remove if you don't have the password. Somewhere on the Trend site is a removal procedure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.