Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a fast broadband connection and the temp. internet files folder becomes really large. is there a way to stop the website being stored in my temp. internet files folder and just load up the website each time?

Cheers,
Gaz

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
I got to thinking about what you said and TIF files are what you were referring as they supposedly help links to load faster. This will not stop them from being put there but will clear them out when you close your browser.

Go to Internet Options and check the box in the image below.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
I guess G86B is willing to give up that split second of time saved for a somewhat clean TIF folder.

I have mine set for 1MB which is not much but at 1KB each it sure looks like a lot when you scroll down through them.

·
Registered
22,468 Posts
If he has a high speed broadband Internet connection, I would seem unlikely that cleaning out the cache every time the program is close would do much to decrease performance.

Go to Tools / Internet Options
Click on the Advanced button
Scroll down almost to the bottom and check Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed

This would be in addition to setting it a low as possible.

If you do decide to manually delete the cache, Tools / Options / Internet Options / Delete Files - Check Delete offline content first.

I guess I just prefer to keep my system as clean as possible. My Anti-Virus software has enough to check as it is.

·
Registered
22,468 Posts
That was one of the reasons that the browsers were configured with a cache in the beginning. Most people connected with slow modems and there were not that many sites around. So the likelyhood of going back to the same site over and over was pretty hig. The obvious solution was to cache all the graphics.

With the relatively recent availability of higher speed connections such as DSL, Broadband T1, the need to cache quite so much isn't really that great. Lots of times I'll see people's computers configured to cache 2 gigs or more. Just not necessary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.