Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to post here but I'm not sure this is the right forum. One of my units picked up a bug awhile back (at least I assumed it was a bug) so I wiped the HD & reinstalled the OS. Added anti-virus, updated, turned it off a couple of times, started installing programs and after awhile the screen went blank, the unit restarted and said no boot found, insert boot device. So I changed the HD, redid everything and after awhile it did it again. Put in a new HD, redid it all again and it did the same thing. This time I tried turning it back on and it worked fine so far. Any ideas? It runs XP Pro, 2.4 g processor, 1g mem, matrox video card, 450w pwr. supply. I like to think it is fairly up to date for your average home unit.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. It went blank, restarted on its own and it said no boot found, insert boot device. So I shut it off, waited a few minutes and turned it back on & it worked fine (so far).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.