Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[Solved] System Hangs, only while trying to start one particular software

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  AbvAvgUser 
#1 ·
I have recently bought a software called Tally 6.3. (http://www.tallysolutions.com). It is one of the most popular accounting packages available in India.

I have installed it on my PC but it keeps hanging my machine every time I double click on its icon. It doesn't even give me the screen to enter my serial number. Nothing happens at all. All icons stop responding. I have to restart (I can use Ctrl+Alt+Del).

I have installed a demo version on another machine from the same source (it remains demo till I enter serial number). There it works fine.

Here's my PC info. It far better than miniumum recommendation.
P IV, 128MB RAM, Win98SE, 40 GB hard Disk.

All other softwares work fine on this machine. The same software works fine on other machines. :confused:

Both the systems have identical installations of softwares. There is nothing additional in one machine that isn't there in the other. Both are my computers. One I use at home and the other at office. No useful info is available from their tech support.

Please help. Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
what are the specs of the other computer? is everything set for best performance in the bios? can you put more ram in your pc?

#3 ·
I had problems with a program that required me to reduce the video acceleration to minumum before it would work.
Make sure your drivers are up to date for the Video, and that windows has been updated

Have you not tried the support, for your product? I see they have a few links for this.

#4 ·
Both the systems are almost same. One has a P IV 1.5 MHz processor and other one has 1.8 MHz. Both are far better than the minimum recommended system specifications. It needs minimum of 32 MB RAM and I have at least double than that. So it doesn't matter. As I said, its an accounting package and is not at all resource hungry.

I will try the video acceleration and BIOS setting suggestions.

I have tried their phone support, but they haven't been of much help. They are there for tips on how to use this software better and have hardly given me any suggestion to pass this hurdle. All that they have told me to do is re-install and change the "read-only" attributes and similar things. Not of much help as I have already reinstalled 3-4 times before calling for their help.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.