Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I just press the start button in CPU and when it starts sometimes a sound comes from it..previously also a sound used to come.... the sound of fan but recently its making loud sound... all the other things are fine. i can use my PC normally but the sound is worrying me.... . most probably its the sound of the fan.... but why does it make so loud sound sometimes?? its not that it always happens but when it does it makes me afraid... please help

·
Registered
260 Posts
A good cleaning with a compressed air can wouldn't hurt anything either. May have a lot of excess dirt and dust accumulated around the fans. If the sounds persists I would indeed try to pin point where the sound is coming from. Place some a small amount of pressure with you fingers on each of the fan frames and see if some pressure will quite the noise. Also should be able to feel some vibration if the fan is grinding down bearings or hung on something.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just pressed the wall of CPU with my hand and i feel the sound is decreasing.... and i can also feel the vibration...

if its the fan problem then i can clean it up
but if its something else :( :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
The CPU has no mechanical moving parts that could cause vibration mate its most likley a dodgy fan :) could also check to see if the motherboard is secure i had a noise problem once it turned out to be the fans causing my motherboard to vibrate on the motherboard mounts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what i do is when i heard the noise, i shut down my PC and restart but then the sounds goes away
i have 1 question.. if its the fan then why isnt it happening everytime?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sometimes fans need to warm up to start making strange noises or they can do the same when starting the system from being turned off ...it could even be a noisy harddrive just a thought :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
what i do is when i heard the noise, i shut down my PC and restart but then the sounds goes away
i have 1 question.. if its the fan then why isnt it happening everytime?
lf you cpu tempure become very high level, you cpu fun work harder. Two thing are connect. You have to clean your fun and metal where under the your cpu. Sound will be go away.
İ hope, i helped you.
(My english isn't very well, sorry)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.