Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I offered to fix/format a friend's computer (oh, the joy of being the "Computer Guy") and all went well up until trying to install audio codecs and drivers.

Using Everest, I've defined the sound as being "Creative EMU10K1 SB Live! Audio Processor PCI". Now, going to Creative's site says 'emu10k1' is not even found on their site. So I tried the vanilla version of SBLive!, but the site says that it no longer offers anything for it since it's so old. Going to the auto-update feature on the site claims that I have the SB Live 5.1 and that "No updates are necessary for your Creative product. Your system already has the latest versions installed." It says this despite the fact that no audio aspects work on the computer. So I downloaded the SB Live! 5.1 drivers from their site anyways, and after it loads, it tells me that it doesn't even detect an SB card in my system.

Stumped. Absolutely stumped. Any ideas or links to drivers that might help out?

PS The OS = XP SP2, and the model number of the card (as the sticker on it says) is SB0220 (No drivers are available for it on the site's search either)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hi….

Have you checked the device manager to see if the card is recognized?

Sometimes, there may be portions of the sound card installed, but another portion not completely installed. I have found that many times, you can check the device manager and there will be a device with a ? mark by it. Double click it and tell it to install the driver and SOMETIMES it will find the driver on it's own.

If not, here is a link to the SBLive driver on DRIVERGUIDE.COM which should work with your card. You will most likely have to sign up for an account on there, but it is free.

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=204605

Thanks!

Shane

PS: The EMU10K1 identifies an audio processor type. That processor was used widely in a lot of the SB cards.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny thing, I actually had that package downloaded already. But I did what you said about the question mark in the Device manager with it and I get sound. w00t.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.