Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have multiple music programs on my computer eg. napster, imesh and swapnut. All of the songs I download automatically try to play in Winamp and there is no sound......Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
37,795 Posts
Hiya and welcome

lets try the basic stuff first. Go to your Volume icon near your clock. rightclick and choose Open Volume Controls. Then Options | properties. In Show the following volume controls, tick them all. Are any of them muted? If they are, unmute and see if you can hear the music.

Regards

eddie

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Eddie,
Thanks for responding, I tried what you suggested, ticked all the boxes in the volume control and everything is still the same...... any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
37,795 Posts
Hiya

I have had a look at Winamp's FAQ. Its from a german site but its in English. Anyway, one of the suggestions for now sound is this.

Open the Preferences window and select Plug-ins/Output. Select "Nullsoft WaveOut Plug-in" and click 'Configure'. Look for a little checkbox labeled "Alt setting mode". Check it, click 'OK', and then close the Preferences window. Voila! Play some music and try out your new volume control.
http://www.winamp-faq.de/

Then again, it says the same at the english site so it probably will work. We Hope :p

Regards

eddie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.