Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Minor issue with WMP 10.

WMP was recently updated to ver. 11 by automatic update. I didn't like it (an understatement), so rolled it back to ver. 10 using Add/Remove and clicked Remove, whereupon it doesn't remove it, but rolls it back to the previous version.

Since then, I cannot sort the file names in the Library AND HAVE THEM STAY SORTED. I click on "Title" and they sort alphabetically in descending order. Exit WMP. Reopen WMP and they're back to the same random order they were before I sorted them. I can find nothing under Options or File or View about sorting. There must be a way to keep them sorted and I'm just not seeing it. Where can I do that?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
DKTaber said:
Minor issue with WMP 10.

WMP was recently updated to ver. 11 by automatic update. I didn't like it (an understatement), so rolled it back to ver. 10 using Add/Remove and clicked Remove, whereupon it doesn't remove it, but rolls it back to the previous version.

Since then, I cannot sort the file names in the Library AND HAVE THEM STAY SORTED. I click on "Title" and they sort alphabetically in descending order. Exit WMP. Reopen WMP and they're back to the same random order they were before I sorted them. I can find nothing under Options or File or View about sorting. There must be a way to keep them sorted and I'm just not seeing it. Where can I do that?
Uninstall then reinstall WMP 10, if it won't let you uninstall, there should then be a repair option.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XPSP2 said:
Uninstall then reinstall WMP 10, if it won't let you uninstall, there should then be a repair option.
There is no uninstall option. WMP is an integral part of Windows, so the only option you get with the "Remove" button is to roll it back to the previous version. Instead of doing that, I just went ahead and upgraded to WMP 11 (which, btw, will only work with Win XP, not with earlier versions of Windows). I don't like the layout as well as WMP 10, but it works (the Library came up sorted out of the gate!), so I'm going to leave well enough alone. Thanks for responding.

I'll mark this thread as 'solved'.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.