Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7. I tried to download Sonicstage so I could use my old sony mp3 player. The installation did not finish because it said I already had the latest version instaled. I can't find the program anywhere. Any ideas how to resolve the problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Easiest thing is to type the name in the SEARCH box inside your START menu.

Second easiest is to look at ALL PROGRAMS right above that box.

BTW - Are you sure SonicStage works with MP3 players and not MD recorders?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry should not have said mp3. The sony player plays. OMA files. Have used the search, no good, also looked in computer> windows(c:)>program files. Still can't find sonicstage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any more ideas. The program does not appear on control panel>uninstall program, but when I try to install sonicstage it is still telling me I have the latest edition installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How do you like that - Sony fully answered the question years ago! Thanks for posting it, Isaac.

This is a computer thing ... not a SonicStage issue, so I am outta here. Good luck rabsi.

PS - SonicStage is a pretty crappy program anyway. It is impossible to use, and it compresses your files into ATRAC junk, and imposes a ton of restrictions.

Just play your minidisc into the computer via the LINE OUT / LINE IN. Edit it with Audacity (which is free). It will sound better. And you won't have to spend years with this SonicStage problem.

You can go directly into and out of your computer, or you can use the Behringer UCA202 USB interface ($30 on Amazon). That's what I use for professional audio projects.

Alternatively, download the newest version of SS and install it. It will install over the one you cannot find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.