Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About half the time I am on the web and click on a link (most have java script in the address (or least somewhere in the title)
the message comes up "error on page" and does not load the new page. What is wrong.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
ewingtexas: Do you have "MS Virtual Machine" loaded on your pc?

Please Advise!

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
ewingtexas
Welcome to TSG!
JH is correct in saying you need Java virtual machine loaded for any Java script run in Internet Explorer 4.x or better. Here is the download for vvirtual build 3802. If you have already downloaded it previous do it again because the 3802 build sometimes becomes corrupt and that will fix it.
Click Here for download
Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I down loaded the program.
It seems to improve some.
Received email from tech support guy and said to connect using a web address (just click here) but it did not work.

any other suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
ewingtexas
IE6 should of came with 3802 build or better. Have you tried an IE6 repair.
Go to start\settings\control panel\add remove prgrams and scroll to IE6 and select, click remove and when the window pops up select repair. After repair retry and see if the virtual problem is fixed.
Dave

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
you aren't using a ad stopper for popups are you ?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I had it once & it caused me not to be able to open a second window...which is how I had it setup... so therefore no links worked.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
is it on your taskbar near the clock... if so disable it then try a link.

you really should go to run type in msinfo32& then click the plus at software envirement & go down to startup & click it... after it loads on the roight go to Edit... select all.... back to edit & copy... come back here & paste it in here

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
yea I was thinking if its in startup & thats the culprit the cling on wouldn't go away enough to help by disabling anyway

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.