Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if it is possible to do this but I have been frustrated with the limitations of the shading colours in Excell.

Just downloaded a template document from Microsoft.com and in this document in the shade box it has lots of differnet colours that I havent got in my Excell 2003. (The colours im excited about are 3 shades of grey and pale blues)

I pasted the whole document into a blank one of mine and all the colours changed to purples and bright oranges.

:confused: I know you have the option of more colours in word - but where is it in Excell. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Elay,

Unfortunately, what you see here is what you get natively. Unlike Word, which has a route to choose your exact colours, I don't see any way in the interface to get them. The good news, though, is that when I say something like this, someone usually comes along to prove me wrong. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the left is what I have with the download (I am trying to find it as I type) and on the right is the normal one.

On the second row down there are some new grey/blues.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
The colors are workbook specific. (Although it's much like the application calculate area, they're workbook specific, but sometimes they may not function that way.) They are different in that workbook because the colors were altered (via custom color, as described above) specifically in that workbook. If you want the same colors in another workbook, you must go to Tools | Options | Color (tab), and choose from the drop down box at the bottom 'Copy colors from', and choose the workbook you'd like to import the same colors from. This will give you continuity in colors across workbooks.

Beware though, if you change it on your machine and email the file as an attachement and somebody else opens it, the colors will still be their default colors. Kind of a PITA, and is part of what I was talking about above.. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
firefytr said:
Beware though, if you change it on your machine and email the file as an attachement and somebody else opens it, the colors will still be their default colors. Kind of a PITA, and is part of what I was talking about above.. :)
Good point :up:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.