Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. If you understand that then you've been there too.

I have a Seagate 120gb HD and used the Seagate Wizard Tools that I downloaded from them to ghost (clone) to a new Western Digital 160gb HD. They are both 7200rpm and SATA.

The new drive boots up ok but only shows 128gb, not 154gb as it did before it was cloned (I am not talking about the size of the data that was cloned). I redid it in Manual mode but no change. As far as I know there are no partitions on the Seagate drive.

Another thing I noticed is that the System Files were at the front of the Seagate 120gb drive but are at the end on the WD 160gb. This shows when the drives are Defraged.

Can anybody sort this out for me? I am doing this so that I have a backup drive incase of a terminal crash.

Forgot, I am using a Intel 915gag w/[email protected] and W2000Pro with all updates.

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I made a bootable CD for the Seagate Disk Wizard and ran it from there. Additional functions were on the CD that weren't available when using it from Windows. The sizes are as they are supposed to be now.

Remember though, a 160g HD will only show about 153g in the Disk Manager even though the BIOS will show all.

Thanks for reading.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.