Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered 2 sets of this RAM, and I'm interested in getting another 1 or 2 gigs...

It seems to me that this RAM is exactly the same as the original RAM... I've seen another one similar to it... The only difference was that it had 2.1V instead of 1.9, like those two have...

Should I get the second url for RAM if I'm going to get more, in the interest of saving money? Also-- are they exactly the same... It seems to me like a bit too much of a good deal to get 2 instead of one...

Thanks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
i would have to say to sick with the first url, if the second one is 2.1V its that for a reason.

and if you have 1 set at 1.9V and another at 2.1V which memory voltage do you choose? you cant set one voltage for one set and another voltage for another.

either way you choose one set of ram is going to be unstable with the wrong voltage applied to it.

so stick to the same moduals.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I'm a little lost, which one is 2.1 volts? From the links you posted it says that they are both 1.9 volts. Between the two links it looks to me like they are exactly the same. Same speed, timings, etc.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ones listed are the same voltage... But I've seen another set (same timings, size, etc), but with 2.1V instead of the listed 1.9 in my post.

But from what I see, they're the same?

Just making sure before I go ahead and purchase this... Because despite the fact that it's $25 for 2g, I just wanna make sure I can use it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
i was just stating it incase you did go for differently voltaged ram.

the 2 stated are compatable and will work fine, nothing to worry about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.