Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get runtime errors like "line 139 - object expected" OR when clicking on Comcast to open fan or whatever, runtime error 1146 "windows.document.coverflash is null or not an object".
When asked if I want to debug, say yes but have no idea what I am looking at. Foxfire does not do this. Shutdown Google toolbar or someone's advice - no help. Reinstalled IE 7 from MS website (but did not first remove current IE 7 because add/remove gave me all kinds of threats that a whole bunch of stuff wouldn't work anymore. Frustrated.
Jim

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Augie65 said:
I don't use IE7, but the setting may be the same.
Tools> Internet Options> Advanced tab, if
Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) is unchecked, check it.
That was almost too easy - it worked! BUT when I loaded Comcast again, it gave me a message that wasn't to debug a runtime error but that (can quite remember), there was a possibility this page "may not display properly". I clicked the "don't show this again" option and will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks so very much.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Jim2372 said:
That was almost too easy - it worked! BUT when I loaded Comcast again, it gave me a message that wasn't to debug a runtime error but that (can quite remember), there was a possibility this page "may not display properly". I clicked the "don't show this again" option and will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks so very much.
You're fine. That "may not display properly" is telling you that there is a script error on the page IE is loading. You did the right thing to check "Don't show this again".

That's why it's a good idea to turn off the script debugger, because there are millions of pages with script errors. It's a useful tool if you're designing a web site and want to check it for errors. Just enable the script debugger again, and open your own pages. But for general browsing, leave it off.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Augie65 said:
bbearren,
If you can remember Brother Dave Gardner, you have to be as old as me.:D
Pretty close, I reckon ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.