Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking about run-time error but anyway, every so often I get an error message saying that there is a 'Run-time error "75", i have browsed the internet about it a bit and think it has something to do with part of a program missing and therefore there being an error when it opens, however, i don't know which program it is and i presume that because it isn't a program i start myself then it must be part of Vista and it tries to open it automatically and doesn't work properly. I don't know how to work out which program it is and was hoping that you could help me with this?

It doesn't slow my computer down or anything and it runs fine with whatever it is it's just a bit annoying having it pop up every so often and i want to make sure theres nothing severely wrong with the computer.

just to specify the error message reads:

Run-time error '75':
Path/File access error

I can post a picture of it if you'd like?

thank you

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After the scan it recommends it tells me I have like 800+ problems and then tells me to register and buy the software so I can fix it, and it tells me to do it in $, I don't even know how that would work and ideally i would be fixing this problem for free?

What it says is that it's most likely new programs overwriting old programs that havent been properly uninstalled which means there a registry pile up.

how can i fix this?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This was brilliant, problem solved, thank you.

I'm pretty sure the problem was a program called runit called BB inc.

I've stopped it from running at startup and theres no more problems now.

Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.