Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Because many machines, obviously yours included. leave the NIC powered to allow for WOL (Wake On LAN) functionality.

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
9,126 Posts
If you physically disconnect the cable and the light is still on, then your router has a bad LED driver. Otherwise if the PC is still connected but turned off, then what John said.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frank4d said:
If you physically disconnect the cable and the light is still on, then your router has a bad LED driver. Otherwise if the PC is still connected but turned off, then what John said.
Well, I try to switch the wire from port to port and only the pc is the one with the lights. I tried to disabled the lan in driver properties settings advanced and Bios but still can't disbale that light.

Tried to reboot the router including the cable modem but still cannot turn that on. I know what john said was right but I'm trying to figure out if theres a hidden settings probably if I try to update the drivers will do.

Anyway guys thx so much. I'll just mark this subject closed. I'm just worried might other pc in the net is using my pc while its off or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.