Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone :)
kinda stupid question, but i know just about nothing about this stuff :p
ok then, i have a BELKIN Router ( model- F5D7230-4) Firmware Version 4.05.03 and When I logged onto my router I see that it set on Encryption 64 bit WEP. is this Encryption good enough?
there are other options I can use but not sure if they are better....
This are my other options:
WPA-PSK ( no server )
128 bit WEP
WPA ( with Radius server )

Thanks,
Amber :)

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
You don't have a Radius server, so WPA-PSK is your best option. WEP is good enough to keep most people out, but it is easily broken by those who want to.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don't have a Radius server, so WPA-PSK is your best option. WEP is good enough to keep most people out, but it is easily broken by those who want to.
Hi Terry, and thanks for taking the time to reply :)
just a couple of quick questions,
1. when I log into my router and try to change to WPA-PSK in the Encryption Technique it gives me a drop window option with TKIP( Default is TKIP) or AES which one do I need to choose?
2. It is also asking me to enter Pre-shared Key (PSK). Would that be my new password? And if so can I use the same password I had with WEP?

Thanks,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Terry, and thanks for taking the time to reply :)
just a couple of quick questions,
1. when I log into my router and try to change to WPA-PSK in the Encryption Technique it gives me a drop window option with TKIP( Default is TKIP) or AES which one do I need to choose?
2. It is also asking me to enter Pre-shared Key (PSK). Would that be my new password? And if so can I use the same password I had with WEP?

Thanks,
TKIP should work for you. The Pre-Shared Key can be any pass-phrase you choose between 8-63 characters. So yes you can but I don't advise it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.