Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im sure many of you have uninstalled a program and had to go to "search" to clear out the bits and pieces left over,and then go into the registry and finish the job.what bugs me most is that when i uninstall something and use a registry cleaner such as "system suite9" or "system mechanic pro"neither one still does a complete job in the registry.so i still have to go into the registry manually and search by constantly hitting f3.whats worse then that? even when you finish searching manually,there are STILL remnants of it there.i went in miserably key by key and poof! wouldnt you know it,it was still there, EVEN THOUGH MY SEARCH BY PRESSING F3 SAID THERE WAS NOTHING LEFT!!.is there any utility out there that will COMPLETELY clean my registry???,or am i just waisting my time and money?It seems that all these utilities are just "gimmics".this is frustrating because sooner or later these leftover remnants will slow down my computer.im running windows xp sp3. ive noticed this for years and was hoping for the perfect utility. PLEASE HELP :(

·
Registered
563 Posts
It is not recommended to use registry cleaners, boosters or registry optimizers on your computer because they can do more harm and damage to your computer. You can download a program like Revo Uninstaller http://www.revouninstaller.com/ and use this to uninstall programs without going into the registry yourself . When the program finds the bits and pieces left over in the registry make sure you only click the items listed in bold. This is a good program to remove programs from your computer and it has been recommended in this site too many times to count. Just remember to click only the items listed in bold after the uninstall of a program.

·
Registered
155 Posts
"Your Uninstaller 2008" is a superb uninstaller for your purpose. It looks for registry entries & clean them as you are uninstalling. Additionally it can find corrupted installations, has a feature somewhat similar to "System Restore", can sort your program list, can uninstall programs not listed in Add/Remove Program, Support Drag & Drop uninstall etc. Try it!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Revo uninstaller is a free program if you dont want to pay for a removal program. As Whitphil said,"Because of the way the registry is designed, leftover remnants do not cause any inherent slow downs". I do not bother with left over bits and pieces from program removals. They dont bother my computer performance at all. I just do a disc cleanup and defrag on a regular basis.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thankyou all so much for the help. is much appreciated.i downloaded the revo uninstaller and the uninstaller 2008 and it did everything i was hoping it would do. you guys ROCK!!!! thankyou :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.