Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been having this very annoying problem for a while now. I am searching the net for days now but can't seem to find a solution. My laptop is around 10 months old, and the last couple of weeks I've been experiencing these random freezes. It doesn't matter what I do it just happens - sometimes when browsing on the net, or even when no browser is open and just working on a Word document. There are days when it can go hours without any problem, but these freezes become more and more frequent. The Task Manager doesnt come up, the only thing I can do is manually shut down. I have no idea what is causing this - just thought it could be Window7 related problem. Please, someone help me figure this out because it is becoming very annoying.

Gateway laptop NV54 Series
Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU 2.20 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
OK, I don’t see anything unusual in the startup. But to nullify the software factor let do a clean boot of Windows 7. Go to this Microsoft Support Link and follow the direction for a clean boot. After the clean boot is setup just run the computer as normal and see if it freezes. Post back with the results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.