Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I downloaded the test version of TuneUp 2009 about 13 days ago. Everything was going fine until I used the TuneUp shredder.

I have a brand new computer (an HP G60) that has 3 GIGS of RAM and 222 GIGS of memory. I have Windows Vista (32 bit version).

I had to delete (permanently) files for work that took up about 14 GIGS of memory on my computer. I set up the TuneUp shredder to delete using the DoD protocol and instructed it to use 10 times. The files where deleted but ever since I deleted them, my computer seems to have less memory. I should be at around 138 GIGS unused but my computer seems stuck at 116 GIGS. I tried defragmenting the drive, defragmenting the registry, running a scan disk, etc. I tried everything!

The only thing left to do is format the drive (but I would rather not have to do that.)

Could you please tell me what I can do to arrange this problem?

Pier

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the response! I ran a Norton 360 scan last night and it said this morning that it repaired a problem with the registry. And Lo and Behold! my problem was gone. I have about 21 GIGS of memory that have magically reappeared on my computer.

I do believe the multiple reboots also helped.

Thank you very much,

Pier

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.