Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I play an online game called "Second Life" a lot. Well, my fan on my video card went out a couple days ago, and it got really hot and started freezing the game. BTW, the video card is a NVIDIA GeForce FX5500 128MB PCI. I never had problems running the game with it. Anyways, after the fan went out, I went back to my onboard Intel Extreme Graphics 3D 64MB card, which isn't recommended to run the game, but runs it good enough for now. Well, I fixed the fan on my PCI video card. Turns out, it wasn't well lubricated and it got stuck. I reinstalled the video card, and everything works great, except when I go to the login screen for Second Life, the display flashes on and off. Not the moniter, but the actual login screen. Goes from normal to black every few seconds. Could this possibly be the video card? Could the video card have gotten damaged from overheating and not have enough left in it to run the game, but run everything else? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.