Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know what the word "sa'aq" means. Here it is in a sentence with the word used and I can not figure out what it is. I did google it and got no help there.....:confused:

I'm working on Sunday's sermon....Your sa'aq does not fall on deaf ears. Behind your sa'aq is a God who enables your past to be fully citable. Fun preach.

Any ideas????? Could be an acronym maybe??

·
Administrator
123,574 Posts
[WEBQUOTE="http://trc.divinity.duke.edu/2009/07/throughout-month-of-july-i-am-teaching.html"]Rob Bell says that the Hebrew word used for the cry of the Hebrew people in Exodus 3 is sa’aq, a word used all throughout the Bible as an expression of pain, the ouch, the sound we utter when we are wounded. He goes onto to say that Sa’aq is one of the most powerful words of the Hebrew language, the anguished cry of the oppressed and poor, the agonized pleas of the helpless victim.[/WEBQUOTE]

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
You're too fast Cookiegal, I was just going to post the exact same thing :)

Hotskates, you come up with some of the most interesting posts sometimes :up:
I learned something new!

by the way, you're preaching? are you a Minister? Deacon?

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cookiegal: Thats very interesting, thanks.

Hannab: I am not a preacher, however, my pastor used that phrase in a twitter post. Our church is getting a new name sunday and everyone is trying to guess what it is, he gave the sa'aq as a hint. Here's his next twitter post:

Learn what sa'aq is and you'll be closer to working out our new name!!

The new church sign is up but a big piece of black plastic is over it until Sunday. I'm so tempted to go over during the night and peek. And someone on staff saw the new church name is only a one word name??

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This was the first twitter post from my pastor:

I'm working on Sunday's sermon....Your sa'aq does not fall on deaf ears. Behind your sa'aq is a God who enables your past to be fully citable. Fun preach.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking at some of Rob Bells info. on one of his books, he uses the word sa'aq and says that God answered the Hebrews by the Exodus.

Maybe our church is going to be called Exodus? I'll find out Sunday and let you all know.:)

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First time I have heard that word. Will be interested in hearing the new name of your church.
Hi poochee:) First time I heard it too. Our pastor loves to teach us meanings of Hebrew and Greek words once in a while and this one is Hebrew. I'm sure he'll explain it Sunday along with the explanation of the new church name.

It was past time to change the name......Its First Baptist church now and its been there since the 60's....not many Baptists are even going there now. Now there's people coming from all kinds of denominations like Catholics, Mennonites, Lutherans, etc.... Its all modern now and we needed a new name that doesn't have a stigma attached to it.

·
Registered
124,707 Posts
Hi poochee:) First time I heard it too. Our pastor loves to teach us meanings of Hebrew and Greek words once in a while and this one is Hebrew. I'm sure he'll explain it Sunday along with the explanation of the new church name.

It was past time to change the name......Its First Baptist church now and its been there since the 60's....not many Baptists are even going there now. Now there's people coming from all kinds of denominations like Catholics, Mennonites, Lutherans, etc.... Its all modern now and we needed a new name that doesn't have a stigma attached to it.
My pastor also explains meanings of Greek and Hebrew words and when called for states historical facts. It adds extra interest to the sermon. Nice that different denominations can come together to worship! :)

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
26,895 Posts
Isn't there some phrase in the Catholic church like "I hear your cry." Or "I cry out to thee"?

Just asking. I'm just a dumb Atheist. What do I know. :confused:

Hehe. I kind of remember something from The Exorcist. It reminds me of the exorcism ritual.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just asking. I'm just a dumb Atheist. What do I know. :confused:.
You can come to my church pyritechips.........Athiests are welcome ;)

I just found a Goth website the other day that listed our church as goth-friendly too.......we accept anyone, and especially Athiests!!

Our pastor does a faith talk a couple times a year for people seeking the truth about God, He points out that athiests have just as much as faith as Christians......interesting concept:cool: I could forward you the link to listen to what he has to say if you want?
Our pastor is a really cool guy from Scotland with a wicked sense of humor...fun to listen to:up:

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
...Our pastor does a faith talk a couple times a year for people seeking the truth about God, He points out that athiests have just as much as faith as Christians......interesting concept:cool: I could forward you the link to listen to what he has to say if you want?
Our pastor is a really cool guy from Scotland with a wicked sense of humor...fun to listen to:up:
Forward me the link, I'm intrigued.

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
26,895 Posts

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Exodus? aren't you supposed to want the people to "enterus"? :p
Funny......I'm going to suggest that to my pastor.......Instead of the EXIT sign inside the building change it to EXODUS..........and on the outside instead of ENTER, put ENTERUS :)

My son took a walk by the church this morning and the new sign was up:

REDEEMERS CHURCH

I like it :up:

·
Registered
124,707 Posts
Funny......I'm going to suggest that to my pastor.......Instead of the EXIT sign inside the building change it to EXODUS..........and on the outside instead of ENTER, put ENTERUS :)

My son took a walk by the church this morning and the new sign was up:

REDEEMERS CHURCH

I like it :up:
A very good choice!:)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.