Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is the message I am getting. I've searched high and low for possible solutions that may have worked for others, but not me.

I'd like to boot to my Windows XP Home Edition SP3 CD so I can load Recovery Console, but result is a blank black screen after the brief message: "The system is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration." (No HDD activity)

The system is a Dell Inspiron B130/1300 laptop, with a hidden Symantec Recovery Disk partition that can be loaded, but none of the so called "recovery points" are found. (Not sure that any were created because that software was not activated) While in that attempted local disk access to the C: (windows install) drive tells me that C:\ is not accessible. The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable.

Instinct tells me that the HDD is finished... but why won't the Windows CD load? I've tried multiple Windows CDs to no avail. Other CD's will boot. Something is fishy to me.

·
Registered
8,093 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, downloading Ubuntu CD now. I've got the HD connected to another PC. Windows recognizes physical and logical drives, but cannot read corrupt volume. PC Inspector software doesn't find anything either. Will wait for download to finish and hope all works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.