Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dualboot Ubuntu and WinXP, but this issue occured long before that.

Sometimes, when I open multiple tabs in Opera or Firefox, I get a bluescreen with the following error:

0x0.... Paged_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Before I can finish reading it, my computer reboots, runs chkdsk (Which trunctuates files of any internet-using application (Opera, BOINC, even Firefox.exe), and pretends nothing happened.

chkdisk does not help.
memtest does not help.
Reinstalling browsers does not help.
When I try to use driver verifier, I just get a different bluescreen which I don't have time to read.
New Ethernet drives
My event log justs leaves these errors:

The IP address lease ~~~ for the Network Card with network address ~~~ has been denied by the DHCP server ~~~ (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).
and various errors involving
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC
What can I do?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
To be able to read that Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error message, right-click My Computer > Properties > Advanced. Under "Startup and Recovery", click on 'Settings', and uncheck the "Automatically restart" check box.

Take notes of all error codes and any files associated with the error, and put them in your next post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.