Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

I'm having some trouble with Outlook XP (2002) and Exchange 2007 and haven't been able to find a solution elsewhere.

Basically, I get a message when I try to log on telling me that the server is down or that there's a network problem. (The exact text is: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either here are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance.")

To get around this, I have to:

1) delete my mail account
2) re-create my mail account,
and
3) restart Outlook.

Going through this process will allow me to read my mail and access the calendar until I stop Outlook, at which time I need to go through this entire process again.

Another potential symptom of the problem is that if I put a name in as the exchange server in the mail setup window, this whole process doesn't work -- I actually have to put in the IP address. When I click "next" the address is replaced with the name (e.g., "EX03"), which might be related to why it doesn't work the next time I try to start Outlook).

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.