Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when I go to Outlook Express the Windows Messenger Appears.When I click on the Outlook Express Button for the first time after I restart my computer no windows messenger appears.But when I click on it later while the computer is running it appears. Why does it appear like that??????????? :confused:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I enabled Windows Messenger and I was monitoring it and I found that is automatically start's sighning in by it's self. Even if you don't do anything. I checked of the box in the Windows Messenger Options that it will start when ever Windows starts up. The next time when I started up the computer the Windows Messenger Icon doesn't appear in the Task bar. It should because I enabled it to start when windows starts. So is there any other reason why Windows Messenger Signs in by it's self. Is there something wrong with the program??????????

·
Registered
637 Posts
There's a huge difference between signing in and opening.

If it just an icon in the system tray don't panic.

However if it's logging on with your user name, then you can fix that as Mike said, by open the messenger window, goto 'tools/options/general' and uncheck all of the boxes.

PP

Oh and one ? usually surfices.

·
Registered
637 Posts
1) Select "Start"
2) Choose "Control Panel"
3) Choose "Administrative Tools"
4) Choose "Services"
5) Right-click on "Messenger"
6) Select "Stop"

Disable Messenger starting up permanently by doing this.

7) Right click "Messenger"
8) Select "Properties"
9) Change "Startup Type" to "Disabled" and click "OK"

and give up the ????????????????

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is Windows Messenger supposed to appeare sometimes when you go to Outlook Express. Because I have the box unchecked so that Windows Messenger doesn't appear when I start Outlook Express, but it sometimes appeares when I go to Outlook Express. Not every time.

Is there any other way I could fix this problem instead of disabling Windows Messenger????????

·
Registered
637 Posts
**__** said:
Is there any other way I could fix this problem instead of disabling Windows Messenger????????
It's not a problem, it's a feature. Live with it or use another less-intrusive client.

And once more drop all the ?????'s they are annoying. Next.

PP

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.